Increasingly so, yes!
The CIPD indicate that there’s an increased use of technology to attract and recruit candidates (Resourcing and Talent Planning Survey, 2015).
So let’s explore the basics together:
What actually is a video interview?
Often, it’s a questionnaire, rather than a live chat. You’ll see a question on the screen, have some time to think about it, and then you’ll be asked to record your answer within a set time.
This sounds really scary, are you sure I have to do this?
You’ll be glad you did. Recruiters report that candidates often ‘de-select’ themselves when they get a video interview request, which weeds out a lot of less committed candidates. Don’t let that be you! If you dive in, you are already ahead of the rest of the pack.
Ok then, how should I prepare for this?
- It’s still an interview, so research the organisation thoroughly.
- Test out your tech in advance – audio and visuals OK? Good connections?
- Have you got something smart to wear?
- Put 5 key words nearby to prompt you, if needed.
- Remove clutter behind you.
- Look directly into the camera and speak clearly.
To book an appointment simply complete the contact form below: